Sunday, August 30, 2009
Red - Are You Bold Enough to Wear It?
Not for the timid. You need the right attitude to rock red! If you need to repeat some Sasha Fierce affirmations in front of the miroor then go for it!
Baby Phat (plus size) Cross Shrug
In polite society, there are some times when wearing red CLOTHING is generally considered socially unacceptable.
Vera Wang Silk Draped Dress
- Looks Terrific with
Christian Louboutin Red Suede Pump
Loro Piana Stola Legger Unit Wrap (Cashmere Pashmina)
Some think no rules apply to fashion. Once considered a ghastly faux pas,
wearing red with pink or burgandy is now acceptable in some circles.
When wearing red lipstick, you may want to keep the following in mind:
1. EASY DOES IT - Go easy on the eyes wearing minimal eye make-up. Use a light hand if you choose to wear blush. Otherwise you run the risk of looking like a clown. Poor Cameron Diaz was lambasted by the fashion community for this look she rocked at the 2007 Globe Awards.
2. BEST SHADE - Find the best shade for your complexion
Dave Allocca/StarTraks; Rachid Bellak/ANGELI/Reflex; KGC-11/Ken Goff/INF
(fair) PINK = plum shades, crimson, cherry
(medium)YELLOW = warmer reds with a brown base base
(medium deep)OLIVE = terra cotta, rust, maroon and cinnamon, brick
(medium dark)with YELLOW Undertones = spicy reds that feature an orange base
(deep dark)with BLUE Undertones = sangria, pomegranate, brick
3. STACK - Red lipstick tends to bleed, so line INSIDE your lips & then fill in lips with lip liner. Match your lipstick liner to your lipstick for a perfect line. Unless of course you're going for the Chola effect.
4. BLEND & BLOT - If you use more than one shade of red make sure you blend! Use a lip brush for more precise application. Remember to blot your lipstick to remove excess product. I use endpapers to blot mine.
5. GLOSS? - Generally Red Lips make enough of a statement.
If, however, you cannot live without gloss, consider clear or sheer red tones.
6. NAILS - french manicure, clear, or black polish is very flattering. If you DO opt to wear red nail polish, make sure it matches your lipstick.You don't want to clash.
MAC Senior Artist Fatima Shows Us How to Create Perfect Red Lips
'Project Runway' Judge Nina Garcia's Top Style Tips - ABC News
follow the link watch the video
Shared via AddThis
To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.