Are You Looking For Something?

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Forever Young - KOOKIE CURLS - Drawstring Ponytail - REVIEW



Photo Credit: Troika-Inc.



Photo Credit: Troika-Inc.

Hang Tags



Troika International , is the parent company for Forever Young. They are also the makers of Red Cherry Lashes.

This ponytail would be great for women who are natural, stretching or transitioning out of a relaxer.

It has 2 combs. One in the front and one in the back. It has a drawstring, but no toggle. What's up with that?




It would be better to purchase this item in person so you could peruse the stock to get the unit with the most defined curl pattern.

Number 2 without the hairnet




Number 4 with the hairnet



This is my second time purchasing this ponytail.
The nature of curly synthetic hair is to get tangled very quickly.
I purchased this from my local ethnic beauty supply store ($15.99).
They have an ongoing special, buy 1 get 1 50% off. I love a bargain! I got one for myself and one for my daughter. I will be rocking this during the month of July as I have joined a protective styling challenge (bunning) until early August. I searched the internet for sellers of this ponytail. The prices were $20 and up.




If you want a more tame and pulled together look you could use a hairnet. If you want the curls to be free, wear this loose. I do not recommend over handling the curls. The nature of this hair is to frizz when over handled. Lightly shape it if needed. This is some BIG hair! It has a tendency to swell. If you love that, then this is the hair for you.



I suggest storing this in the original packaging to preserve as defined curls as possible. I would not recommend applying any products to this hair.

Despite LOVING this hair (Yes, I will buy this again!)
I give this ponytail 3 out of 5 stars. It is challenging to get the ponytail to look like the model without ruining it. I do love the volume and the curl pattern. However, they really need to add a toggle to the drawstring.

2 comments:

  1. I love the hair and makeup. You look really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vixxan...Thanks so much for the compliments.
    Believe it or not, that was Wet N Wild Makeup. 1st pic is Plum Trio (sorry took of sticker) & 2nd was a combo of Belgian Chocolates and Egyptian Sands e/s trios. Archival pics. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.