Are You Looking For Something?

Sunday, November 29, 2009

October/November FAVES



October and November have been my most productive blogging months!
I just wanted to share a few of my favorite products for these two months.

HAIR

Ellin LaVar Shampoo & Conditioner
LOVE her products. With the coming winter dryness, my hair was thirsty for a great deep conditioner. The hair mask is AWESOME. The shampoo leaves my hair feeling really clean without feeling dried out. The hair at the nape of my neck has just about reached my collar bone. I'm impressed with the length.
I'm going to the American-Dominican salon for a deep conditioning treatment & a blow out.





October, my favorite wig was LatishaJamila (I need to buy a backup)



November, my favorite wig was FreetressBali Girl



SKIN CARE

Heel Tastic - I can't say enough good things about this product. I do believe I am hooked & will have to buy a new container monthly. OUCH! So worth it. My eczema flared up & this product took away the dryness! I apply this daily without fail to the eczema. My elbows were really dry despite my most diligent efforts to moisturize them. The Heel Tastic took care of this issue. Run & get some!



MAKEUP

Coastal Scents Silicone Spheres (Don't Judge Me) Yes, I'm aware of the controversy surrounding their use "alone". I use primarily just after my eye primer. This helps me to blend my eyeshadows effortlessly. I get a little on my MAC 224SE brush, tap off the excess & do a sweeping motion over my eyelids. LOVE THIS STUFF!
I have experienced ZERO ill-effects from using this in this manner. I just hold my breath when I use it. Use At Your Own Risk!



MAC Translucent Finishing Powder. I own the MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Powder & the Coastal Scents Silica Spheres. The MAC Powder feels silkier to me.
Just my humble opinion.



L'Oreal HiP RESTLESS e/s Pigment
I used this alot in Oct for highlight color
I want to buy a backup!



L'Oreal HiP Shine Struck Lip Color - PRETENTIOUS
Soft & feminine, everyday go to color.



L'Oreal HiP Blendable Blushing Cream
ENAMOURED (peach) & ELECTRIFY (dark peach)
These colors are complimentary to my skintone.
They are awesome as bases over which I stack other colors.



RUN to your local Dollar Tree & look for L'Oreal HiP products.
YouTube is all a buzz about this!


Watch YouTube's ljanel313 (wow!)



MAKE UP BRUSHES

e.l.f. studio powder brush

I have been using this brush to stipple my liquid foundation.
I love to use it for buffing & bronzing as well.



e.l.f. studio concealer brush
I reach for this before my "e/s c" brush.
It's perfect for grabbing color to pack on the lid.
I even use it to blend up into the crease.
I also like to use it for emolient eye products.



NAIL POLISH

Loving the Alternating Colors Trend, in the same color family.
I am planning to experiment with Alternating Textures next month, so stay tuned. :O)



Favorite Bloggers



OCTOBER
CONFESSIONS OF A DIVA! of Divalicious Designs
Her makeup is always FLAWLESS! She's a down to earth Diva. Hey, is that an oxymoron?

NOVEMBER

Vixxan of The Glam Shack
I have found myself checking her blog almost as often as I had to maintain my own.
She gives great attention to detail. She uses both high end & drugstore products.

Favorite YouTubers




OCTOBER kokofemme Beautiful Singing Voice! Vivacious, Entertaining, Great Sense of Humor, Love Her hauls! Even though I don't have locs, I still watch her loc tutorials. Is that nutty? LOL

Watch KokoFemme On YouTube

NOVEMBER muffinismylovers Oh MY GOODNESS! April contracted a virus on her laptop towards the end of November. I went a weekend without her vids & practically suffered withdrawl symptoms. I didn't realise how much I relied on her informative videos.

Watch muffinismylovers on YouTube

I appreciate everyone whom I follow on Blogger. I sincerely appreciate the support that my followers have shown. Look for more faves monthly.

2 comments:

  1. Thank You. I spend a lot of time on your blog too, lol. I love your blog. I think that we could be makeup twins. I really want to try L'Oreal HiP Blendable Blushing Cream but I can't find them anywhere. Our Dollar Tree sucks. I check Dollar Tree at least once a week and they never have any L'Oreal HiP products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Vixxan. :O) Makeup Twins? I wish! Those HiP blushes aren't too hard to find. My Dollar Tree is weak! I have makeup loving friends all over the US. If you have any makeup buds, send out an APB for the blush. They may find some for you. I was able to p/u glorious & thrilled a couple years ago on clearance @ cvs. I've seen on YT that people are getting them on clearance @ target.
    I also got some from ebay. Just missing 2? I heard a girl on YT mention NOTORIOUS! Never heard of that shade. Also missing blushing which is more common. If you watch sithwinch on YT, she has a TON of L'Oreal HiP products. Wishing you all the best girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.