Are You Looking For Something?

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Brown Smokey Eyeshadow Look Inspired by MakeupByLa


I was inspired to recreate
a look similar to that of fellow beauty blogger
La of MakeupByLa


FACE
Prime - Black Radiance Anti Shine
Foundation - Chanel Perfection Lumiere 94 AMBRE
Contour - e.l.f. Clarifying Pressed Powder SPICE
Highlight - e.l.f. Healthy Glow Bronzing Powder WARM TAN
Under Eye Concealer - Lorac Cover Up C7 and MAC Select Moisture Concealer NC45, MAC Studio Finish Concealer NC45 set with Coastal Scents Silica Powder mixed with MAC PRIMARY YELLOW and CHROME YELLOW Pigment
Setting Spray - Urban Decay the all Nighter


























EYES
Prime - NARS Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
2ndary Base - Maybelline Color Tattoo 24 hr Eyeshadow RICH MAHOGANY and POMEGRANATE PUNK
Crease - Darkest Brown from Wet N Wild VANITY Palette (MAC EMBARK dupe)
Transition - Warm Brown from e.l.f. EVERYDAY BRIGHTS palette, L'Oreal matte SUEDE BROWN, MAC SADDLE and FOLIE
Outer V - Darkest Brown from Wet N Wild VANITY Palette
Mobile Lid - Urban Decay DARK HORSE and Shimmery Dark Bronze from Wet N Wild VANITY Palette
Tearduct - Urban Decay HALF BAKED
Highlight - Lightest Matte Off White from the Wet N Wild VANITY Palette
Top Lashline Jane Mineral Eyeliner Gel BLACK
Waterline - Revlon Color Stay Eyeliner Pencil BLACK
Under Lashline - Urban Decay DARKHORSE
Mascara - Maybelline the COLOSSAL BLACK
Lashes - Salon Perfect DEMI WHISPIES



If you do not have all of the colors I used, you could probably get away with using the Wet N Wild Vanity Palette to complete this look.

CHEEKS
Base - NYX Cream Blush GOLDEN
Set - NYX Terra Cotta (MAC COPPERTONE Dupe)



LIPS
Line - NK BROWN
Fill - Wet N Wild Mega Last Lipstick BARE IT ALL 902B
Gloss - NK TAUPE








I know it isn't for everyone, but I will rock this to the grocery store in a heartbeat. #divastatus
Do you wear smokey eyeshadow in the daytime?

8 comments:

  1. LOVE! When I got the link in FB I hadn't logged into blogger yet. When I logged into blogger, it was at the top of my reading list!!! You did that!!! Love it! I love how you used what you had in your stash and rocked this out lady! Oh, and I love how you said, "This isn't for everyone, but I would rock this to the grocery store in a heartbeat... #divastatus" How right you are my dear! Love the lip, I need some NK lipgloss in my life! I also need the lorac concealer too! Glad I could inspire you boo! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY LOL You're welcome!Thanks so much for the inspiration, visit & comment. xxx

      Delete
  2. So gorgeous I love it, how's chanel perfection lumiere goin4u, been road testing it again I like it but no sure 94 perfect for me@e moment. I'm due for new foundation hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support. I am still on the fence about the CPL. It tends to oxidize, no matter what I do. UGH!

      Delete
  3. I love smokey shadows. They look amazing. No better substitute.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.