Are You Looking For Something?

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hair Report - Relaxer Results - Growth Check



In July 2009, my hair was NL(Neck Length). I just relaxed tonight (3/19/2010).
It has grown to little past SL (Shoulder Length) in the back & to the collar bone on the sides. YAY ME!



I got some nasty tangles last week & decided 8 months of stretching was ENOUGH for me!

I prepped my hair last week. After I got out all the tangles, I co-washed with Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship. I used Aphogee Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor Treatment. I followed that with Roux Porosity Control.

Today, I used Elasta QP Regular lye relaxer. (after having purchased heard it wasn't the best, but took my chances anyway.) I rinsed with IsoPlus Neutralizing Shampoo until there was no pink. I followed with Roux Porosity Control for like a minute. Rinsed that out & applied Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replenishing Pak.



I baggied my hair & sat under the dryer for 15 mins to Deep Condition.
I rinsed that out. Next I detangled with Mane 'n Tail Detangler.
Following that, I used Ellin LaVar Thermal Protectant.
(It has alcohol. UGH I know that's a NO NO, but it was all I had on hand...gonna use it all b4 I buy something better).

Result...Under-relaxed. Why? As a protective style, I wear braids. When I go out I wear wigs. When I took out the braids, it was difficult for me to see where the new growth ended because it was ALL wavy! No biggie. I prefer to be texlaxed instead of bone straight anyway. My natural hair is kind of cottony (except in the crown). Being texlaxed makes my hair look fuller & have more body. Better pics 2mrw. I was so excited, I just had to share!

2 comments:

  1. Nice progress girl! I love the ORS replenishing packs and it smells so good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Mz. More, Thanks! Yes, the silk aminos in that stuff make my hair soooo soft. I love the smell too! I can't wait until I'm APL. that is my goal for December 2010.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.