Are You Looking For Something?

Friday, December 11, 2009

Make Up For Ever Sens'Eyes & Aqua Eyes Pencil REVIEW


I was pleasantly surprised have found a gift from Sephora in my mailbox a few days ago.

I used my $15 Gift Card to buy Make Up Forever Sens'Eyes Kit.

The Sens'Eyes is fine. It does not really have an odor. It is more creamy than I expected it to be. It does the job of removing waterproof makeup. I could definitely recommend it. I am sure that it would be of particular interest to those with sensitive eyes, or those who wear contact lenses. I am comparing it to other eye makeup removers which I have used...

equate Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover (Works, but stings my eyes)
D'eclor Eye Makeup Remover (Works, but stings my eyes)
Olive Oil (tried, & true...does not sting my eyes)

4 out of 5 stars. It is an effective product, but I took away a star because of the price. OUCH! After this bottle is gone, I probably will not buy another bottle, unless I am seriously treating myself. I'll stick with my olive oil.

=============================================================================


Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Pencil

UGH! I read on message boards & heard from close friends who swatched in Sephora & walked around that this stuff is not smudge proof. I just had to find out for myself!

I loved the softness of the pencil as well as the ease of application. It seems to kind of set after about a minute or two, so if you WANT smudge time, then you have it.

The first day, I used it only on my waterline. I was also trying out MUFE camouflage concealer palette #4 for my dark under eye circles. Unfortunately, this did not a good marriage make! My body heat softened the concealer. The concealer blended with the eyeliner. I am still trying to figure out how my waterline became an underlashline. NOT cute, unless you are going for that "Rocker Look", which I was not!

Today, I decided to set the pencil with black eyeshadow. It was fine for the top lashline, but not so for the waterline. It lasted all of 2 hours. I was disappointed. But I had been forewarned. I will follow the advice of the makeup message boards & try Revlon ColorStay Liner Pencil, Prestige Waterproof Pencil.
They are both touted as "budge proof".

2 comments:

  1. i used to use my olive oil but it burns my eyes... i wonder what i am doing wrong.

    i am glad that this remover works. i ordered it from sephora too and its waiting for me at home to be used

    ReplyDelete
  2. justme, you prob aren't doing anything wrong. we all react differently to diff prods. I really do like the MUFE stuff, it's just soooo $$$ pricey! LOL olive oil is fine for me. If I wore contacts, I would prob just use the MUFE Sens'Eyes. Thanks so much for taking the x to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.