Are You Looking For Something?

Monday, July 30, 2012

NARS - FOREPLAY Blush Palette - REVIEW


Blackberry pic
Full Sunlight
I love NARS Blush! I simply had to purchase this Foreplay palette from my local Sephora.
It retails for $49. Essentially, it is a deconstructed ORGASM palette. ORGASM is their most popular shade of blush. I must say I was at first a bit reluctant to purchase it, as many brown girls have said that it just does not show up on their skin. The idea of a deconstructed palette works for me because I can add more pink or peach to make it pop for my deep skin tone.








Blackberry pic - Swatches

The largest color in the palette is ORGASM, a soft peachy pink with fine gold shimmer.
On my skin, the color is a bit washed out.
I added more peach to amp it up.






There are both a soft blue based pink as well as a peach blush in this palette. Both are matte.
The three blushes in this palette are not available for purchase singularly. However, I suspect that there are other blushes in the NARS line that closely resemble them.













The real appeal for me in this palette is the gold color. While NARS ALBATROSS is my all time favorite highlight, I wanted to try this warmer yellow gold.
Just as I suspected, it is as finely milled as is ALABATROSS.
















Blackberry pic

This palette is limited edition. If you are a fan of NARS BLUSH or a beginner who would like to try it, I highly recommend it. I think it would be terrific for travel because of it's compact size.

Have you any plans on purchasing this item?

4 comments:

  1. Nice palette sis,love the review and swatches may I jus say u look super gorj, that lippy is popping on u, oh my! Haven't seen this around may hav2look fi it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliments. l/s is MUFE #36 w/ MAC Funtabulous Dazzleglass on top. One of my fave combos. I believe this palette is exclusively available @ Sephora & maybe Nordstrom for their Annual Summer Beauty Bonus deal. HTH. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. wow this is smaller than i expected. glad you love it. i have one nars blush palette... i'm good so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the pics afforded you the oppty to get an idea of the size. NARS & LaFemme are my fave Blushes! Thanks for your comment.

      Delete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.