Are You Looking For Something?

Friday, July 24, 2009

Milani Dressed Up = MAC Rue D'Rouge Dazzleglass Dupe?


Click on any photo for large view


In full support of my makeup obsession, my husband lovingly purchased this lipgloss to me, despite the snickers of the women in the comsetics department @ our local Walgreens. Now, that's true love! LOL

I did feel all "Dressed Up" when I topped one of my favorite shades of red lipstick with this beautiful lip gloss. It evoked color & texture reminiscant of Dorothy's Ruby Red slippers from the Wizard of Oz.


You need this in your life.
It's a steal @ $4.99 vs. $18.00 for the MAC Rue D' Rouge Dazzleglass. That's a savings of $13.00.


1) Milani Bonfire Lip Pencil (outlined & filled in)



2) NK Lipstick $1.00 #100 Ruby Red dupe for MAC Ruby Woo lipstick $14.00
(MAC Ruby Woo is matte, but the NK Ruby Red has a little shine to it)


3)The piece d' resistance: Milani DRESSED UP Lip Gloss $4.99


4)Concealer applied around the lips to prevent feathering. Black Radiance 8001 $1.99


What do you think?

6 comments:

  1. wowsers! thanks. i still wasn't able to capture all the dimension of the flecks of shimmer, but it is soooo hawt! LOL def a must have. & so reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how absolutely gorgeous this looks on you! Red just doesn't flatter me anymore. So I go for the dark reds in the winter, or line and use tinted lip gloss alone ( Buxom Charity ) which doesn't scream red so harshly. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Debbie! RIP to the brighter reds for you. LOL I love dark reds also. Can't wait to add dubonnet to my collection!

      Delete
  3. I just realized to my horror that my second Rue d' Rouge is getting low - thank You, God, for leading me to a dupe! :)
    I'm an NW15 brunette who cannot live without my reds!
    Please tell me the Milani is not also discontinued ... :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carla...sry for delayed response. I'm afraid the milani dupe is also discontinued. I have seen them on ebat though. Hth

      Delete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.