Are You Looking For Something?

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sept 8 No Wigs/Weaves? Say What?



I LOVE Tyra. I respect what she is trying to do. Promote self love etc. As many young women look up to her, she is trying to be a better role model in view if Chris Rock's new movie Good Hair.


I'm sorry Tyra, I am on the fence with this one. As a true DIVA, I don't know if I can just completely abandon my wigs & ponytails. Just like makeup, they enhance what I'm already working with. LOL


Chris Rock's Movie "Good Hair" will be showing in theaters this fall.

When Chris Rock’s daughter, Lola, came up to him crying and asked, “Daddy, how come I don’t have good hair?” the bewildered comic committed himself to search the ends of the earth and the depths of black culture to find out who had put that question into his little girl's head! Director Jeff Stilson’s camera followed the funnyman, and the result is Good Hair, a wonderfully insightful and entertaining, yet remarkably serious, documentary about African American hair culture.An exposĂ© of comic proportions that only Chris Rock could pull off, Good Hair visits hair salons and styling battles, scientific laboratories, and Indian temples to explore the way black hairstyles impact the activities, pocketbooks, sexual relationships, and self-esteem of black people. Celebrities such as Ice-T, Kerry Washington, Nia Long, Paul Mooney, Raven SymonĂ©, Maya Angelou, and Reverend Al Sharpton all candidly offer their stories and observations to Rock while he struggles with the task of figuring out how to respond to his daughter’s question. What he discovers is that black hair is a big business that doesn’t always benefit the black community and little Lola’s question might well be bigger than his ability to convince her that the stuff on top of her head is nowhere near as important as what is inside.

Recipient of A Special Jury Prize: U.S. Documentary.

Check out this video.


IDK, I just may rock an afro that day. LOL Still on the fence
just lipgloss, straight from the shower. Picked out! no heat. About to make some dinner for the troops.
What are your thoughts?
Wig/Weave wearers, will you be joining Tyra on Sept 8. wearing your natural locks?

follow the link to an intersting article
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=429978>1=28103

Source of info:
http://www.posh24.com/tyra_banks/tyra_banks_is_going_wigless
http://www.posh24.com/tyra_banks/tyra_banks_is_going_wigless
http://festival.sundance.org/2009/film_events/films/good_hair

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Miss.Fab! btw, i sent a personal em to nicole for you by mistake. LOL I was cking out the DB blog & got all hyped when I saw an em add. I appreciate your support girl.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.