Are You Looking For Something?

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Maybelline Wet Shine Diamonds Review



This discontinued product may be found at your local dollar store.
I found it works best over another product, like lipstick or lip pencil to make it last longer. A little bit goes a long way. It makes your lips look spectacular.
It does not last for very long, as the warmth of your body kind of spreads it out. If you don't mind reapplying, then this product is for you. It is not at all sticky.
Some colors are more sheer than others. Many of these have been identified as close MAC Dazzleglass dupes on some makeup message boards.





Spoiled in Rubies







Pink Carats







Jewels 'N Berries




PROS

- Inexpensive, if you lose it in a purse or pocket, it won't really matter
- Pretty
- Not sticky

CONS

- Hard to find
- Have to reapply very often
- Not sticky enough
* When worn alone, melts & only silver glitter is left.
* Glitter Migrates to rest of face

I give this product 4 out of 5 stars!

5 comments:

  1. I feel the exact same way about these glosses. The are so gorgeous in the tube, but they have zero staying-power and I hate that when they wear off, the glitter is still on your lips. Great review! PS: Your swatches ROCK, girlie! What a great camera you have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting Recessionista! I took pics of the swatches on my hand @ different intervals...30 mins, 1 hr, but didn't post. U could totally see how the body heat made the gloss melt & the color was lost. UGH! Camera is Olympus Stylus 720SW. 7.1 MP. I shoot in "cuisine" mode. It generally does a good job in representing the true color for swatches & stuff. I also use Super macro mode, hence the "spotlight" on every pore. LOL I used to sell cameras. I still don't get the enthusiasm for more & more megapixels. If you are not enlarging to greater than 11"x14" you don't need more than 5 megapixels. LOL I have another Olympus CAMEDIA 3020 zoom. It's clunky, but I like the "color" better for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I remember these. My mom used to love one of the pink shades. Didn't realize they were discontinued. They look very pretty on you, and can't beat $1 lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting & the compliment. Right $1 is a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought that Spoiled in Rubies the other day at my local dollar store, but I did find out they have replaced it with a new coloro called ruby spell, so I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are encouraged and welcome. However, please do not leave any profanity in your comments or any links to your website or blog.
Comments containing links will be marked as SPAM and deleted.
Please be respectful.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and view my blog.
It means a lot when you give me feed back and let me know what you think.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Disclosure

To date, I am NOT compensated for my use/review of products. I buy 99% of the products that I use. If I ever receive anything as a gift, I will state it in that specific post. I am NOT affilated with any fashion, cosmetics or hair company. I offer my sincere, unbiased opinion on how the products work for me. No warranties, expressed or implied are intended. Please use discretion in selecting products and suggestions at your own risk. I am not a professional. Unfavorable reviews are not malcious, nor are they intended to harm any company. Reviews are my own opinon. Information posted on this blog is for educational purposes.